[openstack-dev] Use of restricted and multiverse in the gate

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:16:58 UTC 2016

On 7 February 2016 at 14:11, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> We're working on getting per-region APT mirrors stood up for the nodepool
> nodes to use in the gate. As part of working on this, it struck me that we
> currently have restricted and multiverse enabled in our sources.list file.
>
> I ran a quick test of removing both of them on a devstack-gate change and
> nothing broke, so I believe that it would be safe to remove them, but I
> thought I'd check with everyone.
>
> Any objection to not including these in our apt mirrors?

I did a quick test run of our standard commit test (convergence and
functional test) and it has passed: https://review.openstack.org/277178

This covers tempest scenario testing including Nova, Glance, Swift, Cinder,
Keystone, Neutron.

For us (OpenStack-Ansible) it seems that we can do without the restricted
and multiverse components.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Jesse
IRC: odysset4me