[openstack-dev] [tc][cross-project] #openstack-meeting-cp

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Feb 2 02:50:04 UTC 2016

Hi all,
    I'm not certain who needs to decide this but I think the time has come to
get explicit about which project teams can use the #openstack-meeting-cp room.

The room was created in November after:
 * http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2015/tc.2015-11-17-20.01.log.html
    (skim from 20:50:29 on)
 * http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-dev/%23openstack-dev.2015-11-17.log.html#t2015-11-17T21:01:50
 * https://review.openstack.org/#/c/246628/

At that time the discussion said that clear guidelines need to laid out, and it
was suggested that the TC could "bless" any use of that meeting room.

I request that the TC/Cross-Project team set out those guidelines and document
them.

In [2] Thierry said:
---
The current idea around the meeting-cp channel is that it's limited to
cross-project discussion (so that 1/ there is always a slot available,
facilitating scheduling and 2/ there is only one cross-project
discussion at a time). So it should not be used for more vertical team
meetings.
---

This comes up because of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/271361/1 where it can
be argued that docs is both a cross-project effort and a vertical team.

Yours Tony.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-dev/%23openstack-dev.2015-11-17.log.html#t2015-11-17T21:06:35
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083946.html