[openstack-dev] [puppet] Midcycle Sprint Summary

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Feb 1 12:17:00 UTC 2016

Last week, we had our midcycle sprint.
Our group did a great job and here is a summary of what we worked on:

* Make good progress on bug triage & bug fixing.
~25 bugs were triaged.

* Unit & Functional testing for puppet-openstack-spec-helper (jobs are
voting).
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-openstack_spec_helper/blob/master/run_unit_tests.sh
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-openstack_spec_helper/blob/master/run_beaker_tests.sh

They run in our CI but you can also run it on your laptop.

* (still in progress) CI jobs for puppet-openstack-cookiecutter.
https://review.openstack.org/272156
https://review.openstack.org/272146

* Introducing Release notes management with openstack/reno, in
puppet-keystone.

http://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/puppet-keystone/
See https://review.openstack.org/274409 for examples of release notes.

* Enabling voting for our integration jobs

* Optimize CI jobs runs to reduce nodes consumption
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/274137/

* Improve puppet-ceph module: make puppet runs idempotent on centos7

* Cleanup old deprecations & old backward compatibility stuffs

* a lot of old patches were rebased, reviewed and some of them merged.

I'm sure I missed something so feel free to complete the list.
Thanks a lot for your participation and this outstanding work,

https://goo.gl/2mwmKy
--
Emilien Macchi