[openstack-dev] [nova][nova-docker] Time to retire nova-docker?

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:53:00 UTC 2016

I guess "extra virtualization layer" means Magnum provisions a Container
Orchestration Engines (COE) on top of nova instances. If the nova instances
are virtual machines, there is a "extra virtualization layer".

I think you could consider using Magnum with Ironic driver. If the driver
is Ironic, COEs are deployed to nova instances that are physical machines
provided by Ironic. Zun project [1] could be another option for your use
case. Zun is similar to nova-docker, which enables running containers on
compute hosts. You could find a thoughtful introduction here [2].

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Zun
[2]
http://www.slideshare.net/hongbin034/zun-presentation-openstack-barcelona-summit

Best regards,