[openstack-dev] [neutron][nova][oslo][osprofiler] Next step of OSprofiler

Worry Wang starwangrui at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:39:32 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I’m glad to tell that OSprofiler would help a lot for us to find problems
and slowness in system. I really hope to help improve it.

I noticed some problems:

1.       The integration with neutronclient, nova and novaclient has not
been done yet.

2.       The blueprint “osprofiler-overhead-control” is not in progress.
The spec[1] was workflow -1.

          Does it mean this feature would not been done in Ocata ?

3.       We need a server/tool to collect and analysis the trace data.
Should this implemented by OSprofiler,

          or this could be implemented by another project of OSprofiler ?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks and best regards,

Rui Wang

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406880/