[openstack-dev] [TripleO] DB cleanup cron jobs added to rh1

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 21:53:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:
> Just a heads up for everyone, I've added some DB cleanup jobs to rh1 which
> will hopefully prevent the performance degradations over time that we've
> been seeing in that environment.  Specifically, the crontab now looks like
> this:
>
> # Clean up heat db
> 0 5 * * * heat-manage purge_deleted 7

The default in puppet-heat is already doing it once a day, so we're
good on this side. Though we could add a parameter in the THT service
and change the hiera config this the *::cron;;* parameters.

> # Archive nova db entries 5 times so we get everything
> 0,10,20,30,40 6 * * * nova-manage db archive_deleted_rows --max_rows 100000

ditto

I submitted https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1650680 so we can
keep track of this work (anyone is free to pickup this task btw).

> I picked 5 and 6 AM UTC because I think that's before most people in the EU
> are starting and well after the US is done so the cloud should be pretty
> quiet at that time.
>
> I think it's worth noting that we should probably be setting up this sort of
> thing on initial deployment by default.  Maybe we are now (rh1 is still back
> on Mitaka), but if not we should figure out some appropriate defaults.

++

Thanks Ben!

> -Ben

Emilien Macchi