[openstack-dev] [TripleO] DB cleanup cron jobs added to rh1

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Dec 16 21:40:04 UTC 2016

Just a heads up for everyone, I've added some DB cleanup jobs to rh1
which will hopefully prevent the performance degradations over time that
we've been seeing in that environment.  Specifically, the crontab now
looks like this:

# Clean up heat db
0 5 * * * heat-manage purge_deleted 7
# Archive nova db entries 5 times so we get everything
0,10,20,30,40 6 * * * nova-manage db archive_deleted_rows --max_rows 100000

I picked 5 and 6 AM UTC because I think that's before most people in the
EU are starting and well after the US is done so the cloud should be
pretty quiet at that time.

I think it's worth noting that we should probably be setting up this
sort of thing on initial deployment by default.  Maybe we are now (rh1
is still back on Mitaka), but if not we should figure out some
appropriate defaults.

-Ben