[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] Useful metrics?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 16 15:53:02 UTC 2016

On 13.12.2016 19:29, Augustina Ragwitz wrote:
> Previously Markus Z. did some great work in putting together a dashboard
> we've been using for bug queue maintenance. Are there additional reports
> or visualizations of the bug queue that might be interesting or useful
> for the team? Is there some information that might make bug skimming,
> triaging, or even bug searching easier?

The code I used to create metrics for a stats/graphite/grafana setup can
be taken from:
https://gist.github.com/markuszoeller/3baa24ce1eccf1e05b5efb518e896a20
The configuration is done via:
https://gist.github.com/markuszoeller/c4235ec08c3e6d4550a4ab28e93e6866

My (unstable and badly maintained) Grafana dashboard is at:
http://45.55.105.55:3000/dashboard/db/openstack-bugs
It has historical data starting from March 2016.

My experiences with setting up a local test env for that is at:
http://markuszoeller.github.io/posts/2016/03/06/grafana-graphite-statsd/

Would love to have that for Openstack (at least the core projects). It
would give that area more visibility which could incentivize people to
work there.

--
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)