[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news
cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Dec 15 16:56:48 UTC 2016
Greetings OpenStack community,
This week we have the pleasure of adding Ed Leafe as a core. Ed has been a consistent and positive presence for quite some time and he'll be good, by hook or crook.
Our discussion today was focused in two areas:
* The developing capabilities guideline (at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386555/ ). This is something that is likely to impact many projects but has different levels of socialization between projects. It needs wide review before it gets too far down into the implementation details to make sure that the use cases it is trying to address are well understood and enumerated. The goal is to have a consistent way to inspect what a cloud can do. Yes, that's a very broad thing that involves user authorization, cloud deployment hardware and configuration, usage quotas, and policy. There should be agreement as to whether the answer given is for a particular user at a particular point in time, or general capabilities for that particular cloud.
* How to do deal with booleans and concepts of "state" or "status" consistently in query strings and representations across all the APIs. Ed's going to do some investigation and produce some strawman proposals as grist for discussion.
Please note that the API-WG meetings scheduled for the 22nd and 29th of December will be cancelled and thus there will be no more newsletters this year. Thanks to everyone for helping out this year. See in you January.
# Newly Published Guidelines
* Add clarification on 400 vs. 404 guideline
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
None at the moment.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
These first two are going to require quite a bit of input from a wide audience. Both have been tried a few times in the past.
* Define pagination guidelines
This one is a bit stuck, any volunteers to pick it up?
* Add API capabilities discovery guideline
* correct names of capitalization styles
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are faciing.
To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
Chris Dent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ https://anticdent.org/
freenode: cdent tw: @anticdent
More information about the OpenStack-dev