[openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Video Meetings - input requested

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed Dec 14 14:06:04 UTC 2016

On Dec 14, 2016, at 7:45 AM, Ian Cordasco <sigmavirus24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Taking you to the extreme of your statement, it seems there are several of these "ad hoc" meetings a week (by inc0's admission). The video meetings seem to replace the time that sub-team is missing in the weekly IRC meeting, which Jeffrey has a plan to solve for.
>
> Also, based on inc0's email, it seems that these meetings consistently are made up primarily (if not singularly) of "cores". So they seem to be violating the open's in that they're effectively (even if not intentionally) creating a place where only sub-groups of people working on kolla (k8s) can collaborate.
>
> Further, the kolla team seems to think that code submissions sent after a meeting are sufficient artifacts from the meeting, which there seems to be a majority who feel otherwise. Based on Jeffrey's descriptions, inc0's emails, and the rest of this thread, it seems quite clear that kolla isn't obeying one of the 4 opens.

Sorry, the conversation seems to have forked. The original issue was Kolla’s practices, which then forked into a more general discussion. I was responding to the general side of things: you can’t say that hangouts or hallway conversations are never good things. But when they are misused, as is described in the Kolla case, then yes, that should not be allowed to continue.

-- Ed Leafe