[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Allowing Teams Based on Vendor-specific Drivers

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Dec 14 12:06:05 UTC 2016

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> 5. Consider driver teams to be a completely different animal, defined
>    in drivers.yaml instead of projects.yaml (grey option) [6]
>
>    This establishes drivers as second-order objects that are necessary
>    for the success of the main projects, and for which requirements
>    can be loosened. It would establish a new category of team without
>    the level playing-field requirement and some of the other team
>    requirements that seem not to apply to driver teams because they
>    are essentially a public facet of a single vendor.

Hi everyone,

Over the last weeks we made progress on the reviews, and discussed the
various options in a couple of TC meetings. At this point a majority of
TC members is leaning toward an amended version of this "grey" proposal:

https://review.openstack.org/403829

Please review and comment on it, so that we can refine it in time for
the meeting next week. Unless a major issue is raised, we'll probably
approve it then and make further adjustments as incremental changes.

Thanks!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)