[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Dec 5 07:43:38 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-05 05:18, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 10:07:21PM -0500, Shamail wrote:
>
>> Do we know how many of the project level rooms currently have bots?  I know I
>> ran into an issue that one of the bots was at its maximum (128 rooms) and,
>> therefore, I concerned about the infrastructure necessary to support too many
>> new rooms if there is a new wave of changes to add bots.
>
> That's clearly something the infra team will need to advise on.  I wasn't aware
> of a hardlimit in meetbot.  A quick grep:

Any user - including a bot - can only join up to 128 channels.

For gerritbot, Jim Blair recently used a LRU list to handle more
channels which means signing off and on from less frequrently used ones.

> balder:project-config $ grep 'name:' accessbot/channels.yaml  | wc -l
> 167

Accessbot is just permissions - this is not relevant. Meetbot is in
system-config and we're at 112 channels (see common/hiera.yaml) - so not
much more space.

> Seems to indicate we have logging on 167 channels, 5-6 have full meetbot
> acess/privs

Accessbot does not setup logging,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)