[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Shamail itzshamail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 05:14:12 UTC 2016

> On Dec 4, 2016, at 11:18 PM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 10:07:21PM -0500, Shamail wrote:
>>
>> Do we know how many of the project level rooms currently have bots?  I know I
>> ran into an issue that one of the bots was at its maximum (128 rooms) and,
>> therefore, I concerned about the infrastructure necessary to support too many
>> new rooms if there is a new wave of changes to add bots.
>
> That's clearly something the infra team will need to advise on.  I wasn't aware
> of a hardlimit in meetbot.  A quick grep:
>
> balder:project-config $ grep 'name:' accessbot/channels.yaml  | wc -l
> 167
>
> Seems to indicate we have logging on 167 channels, 5-6 have full meetbot
> acess/privs
Sorry, I think it's safe to ignore my message if we end up using Project rooms for meetings.  I looked through my change history and it was gerritbot that I had run into challenges with.  That is not impacted by the proposed changes to existing room.  If we add new rooms then OpenStack-infra might need to let us know whether we can deploy gerritbot to the new channels.