[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla-ansible is available

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:34:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Fox, Kevin M <Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov> wrote:

> So, longer term, I'd really like to see a set of smaller pieces of
> gate'ness that co-check each other.

​yes this is neccessary.​

> one gate that periodically checks that kolla:trunk builds (nightly?) sans
> modification. As the containers themselves depend on a lot of
> packages/repositories outside of kolla's control and therefore can break at
> any time. These would be ran against the kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes
> trunk gate checks. showing bugs in the potentially changing containers
> against known good deployment tests.

​Agree. periodically checks need check the stable branch too, since they
are not update too much.

> A similar periodic check should be done for kolla-ansible/kolla-kubetes
> gates to ensure things like a new version of kubeadm getting released
> doesn't break things, and cause the other gate checks to produce misleading
> failures.

​On master branch, we can depend on zuul's cross project test feature. Now
kolla project run kolla-ansible deployment in its gate for every patch set.
Hope ​we can add kolla-k8s too.

> The results of the periodic gates, should be cached somewhere and used as
> input to the kolla-ansible and kolla-kubernetes gates used to check
> incoming reviews. You can then rely more on breakages in
> kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes gate checks being actually caused by the
> patches incoming, and not some outside influence.

inc0 is trying to set up docker registry in openstack infra. when it is
done, we can speed up the deployment gate in kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes.
another workaround inc0 proposed is publishing /var/lib/registry to
tarballs.openstack.org, which can be ​download by kolla-ansible/kolla-k8s.

--
Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang