[openstack-dev] [infra] Reliable way to filter CI in gerrit spam?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 16:59:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2016-08-31 16:13:16 +0200 (+0200), Jordan Pittier wrote:
> > Most(all?) messages from CI have the lines:
> >
> > "Patch Set X:
> > Build (succeeded|failed)."
> >
> > Not super robust, but that's a start.
>
> Also we have naming conventions for third-party CI accounts that
> suggest they should end in " CI" so you could match on that.

Yeah, all except 'Jenkins' :) This makes me a bit nervous because all mail
still comes from 'review at openstack.org', with the name component set to the
name of the CI. I was nervous of false positives, so I chose to name them
all in full.

> Further, we have configuration in Gerrit to not send E-mail for
> comments from accounts in
> https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/270,members so if you
> are seeing E-mail from Gerrit for third-party CI system comments see
> whether they're in that group already (in which case let the Infra
> team know because we might have a bug to look into) or ask one of
> the members of
> https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/440,members to add the
> stragglers (or even volunteer to become part of that coordinators
> group and help maintain the list).

This sounds interesting. All the CIs I get gerrit spam from are on that
list except Jenkins. Do I have to enable something specifically to exclude
them? I mashed all the links I could find seemingly related to gerrit
settings and I couldn't find anything which looked promising.

Thanks again,

Matt
--
Matthew Booth