[openstack-dev] [all][massively distributed][architecture]Coordination between actions/WGs

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:42:23 UTC 2016

On 31 August 2016 at 11:57, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobrelia at mirantis.com> wrote:

> I agree that RPC design pattern, as it is implemented now, is a major
> blocker for OpenStack in general. It requires a major redesign,
> including handling of corner cases, on both sides, *especially* RPC call
> clients. Or may be it just have to be abandoned to be replaced by a more
> cloud friendly pattern.

Is there a writeup anywhere on what these issues are? I've heard this
sentiment expressed multiple times now, but without a writeup of the issues
and the design goals of the replacement, we're unlikely to make progress on
a replacement - even if somebody takes the heroic approach and writes a
full replacement themselves, the odds of getting community by-in are very
low.