[openstack-dev] [nova][kolla] Live migration, VNC / SPICE address?

Koniszewski, Pawel pawel.koniszewski at intel.com
Tue Aug 30 10:11:18 UTC 2016

Dave,

Thanks for pointing this out, looks like it is a regression in nova introduced during Newton cycle. At some point we moved checks of graphic and serial consoles to the live migration pre-checks on source node, but we never moved piece of code that populates this data while executing pre-checks on destination node.

I proposed a fix, you can take a look whether this fixes an issue that you observed - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362756/. If yes I will update appropriate unit tests.
The bug is tracked here https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1618392

Kind Regards,
Pawel Koniszewski