[openstack-dev] [TripleO] FFE request for Ironic composable services

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 08:20:00 UTC 2016

Hi all!

Bare metal provisioning is a hot topic right now. These services are
also required for Dan's heat-driven undercloud work. The majority of
changes has landed already, but there a few changes waiting on
puppet-ironic changes.

The feature is low-impact as it's disabled by default and mostly merged
anyway. The blueprint is
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/ironic-integration (it
does miss a few links, probably I forgot to tag the patches - see below).

The missing bits are:

1. (i)PXE configuration

puppet-tripleo: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/361109/
THT: https://review.openstack.org/362148
blocked by puppet-ironic patch https://review.openstack.org/354125 which
passes CI and is on review currently.

2. Potential problems with networking

Dan proposed a fix https://review.openstack.org/#/c/361459/
I'm currently trying to test it locally, then we can merge it.

3. Documentation

The patch is https://review.openstack.org/354016
I'm keeping it WIP to see which of the above changes actually land.

Thanks for considering it!