[openstack-dev] [vitrage] entity graph layout

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Thu Aug 25 13:05:43 UTC 2016

Hi Yujun,

Try setting COMPRESS_ENABLED = False in local_settings.py (add it if it doesn’t exist).
Let us know if it worked, it sounds like a good solution.

Thanks,
Ifat.

From: Yujun Zhang
Date: Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 10:52
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [vitrage] entity graph layout

After the first investigation, I think cytoscape might be too heavy. There would be lots of refactoring work to migrate all functions to new library. So I would suspend this proposal for now.

However, it seems the layout could be improved by adjusting the parameters applied to force layout, e.g. charge, gravity and etc. When a larger charge is assigned to cluster, it will push away the other element to avoid overlapping.

But currently it is difficult to tune such parameters since the scripts are compressed. Any idea to speed up debug process?

--
Yujun