[openstack-dev] mod_wsgi: what services are people using with it?

Nick Papadonis npapadonis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:22:26 UTC 2016

Hi Folks,

I was hacking in this area on Mitaka and enabled Glance, Cinder, Heat,
Swift, Ironic, Horizon and Keystone under Apache mod_wsgi instead of the
Eventlet server.    Cinder, Keystone, Heat and Ironic provide Python source
in Github to easily enable this.  It appears that Glance and Swift (despite
the existence of
https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/2bf5eb775fe3ad6d3a2afddfc7572318e85d10be/doc/source/apache_deployment_guide.rst)
provide no such Python source to call from the Apache conf file.

That said, is anyone using Glance, Swift, Neutron or Nova (marked
experimental) in production environments with mod_wsgi?  I had to put
together code to launch a subset of these which does not appear integrated
in Github.  Appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
Nick