[openstack-dev] mod_wsgi: what services are people using with it?

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 17 20:41:05 UTC 2016

On 08/17/2016 03:22 PM, Nick Papadonis wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was hacking in this area on Mitaka and enabled Glance, Cinder, Heat,
> Swift, Ironic, Horizon and Keystone under Apache mod_wsgi instead of the
> Eventlet server.    Cinder, Keystone, Heat and Ironic provide Python
> source in Github to easily enable this.  It appears that Glance and
> Swift (despite the existence of
> https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/2bf5eb775fe3ad6d3a2afddfc7572318e85d10be/doc/source/apache_deployment_guide.rst)
> provide no such Python source to call from the Apache conf file.
>
> That said, is anyone using Glance, Swift, Neutron or Nova (marked
> experimental) in production environments with mod_wsgi?  I had to put
> together code to launch a subset of these which does not appear
> integrated in Github.  Appreciate your insight.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

This might be better for the ops list, so cc'd them.

I don't use apache / mod_wsgi, but I do use uwsgi with cinder, horizon,
keystone, neutron and nova.  At the moment it's just glance that's not
using it, but there was a bug iirc with how it interacted with uwsgi.  I
should look into it again.

I even made a blog post about it a while back.

https://mthode.org/posts/2016/Mar/of-openstack-and-uwsgi/

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)