[openstack-dev] [nova] test strategy for the serial console feature

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 11 09:45:30 UTC 2016

On 26.07.2016 12:16, Jordan Pittier wrote:
> Hi Markus
> You don"t really need a whole new job for this. Just turn that flag to True
> on existing jobs.
>
> 30/40 seconds is acceptable. But I am surprised considering a VM usually
> boots in 5 sec or so. Any idea of where that slowdown comes from ?
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Markus Zoeller <
> mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

Hi Jordan,

after thinking again about this I think you're right. The mutual
exclusive relationship between "serial console" and "console log" is
still there, but the test coverage should be OK if I only change
* either "gate-tempest-python27-ubuntu-xenial"
* or "gate-tempest-python35"

I cannot find the right place in the "project-config" right now though.
I searched in "devstack-gate.yaml" and "python-jobs.yaml" within the
"Jenkins/jobs/" directory but I don't understand where I can change the
config options for Nova and Tempest for one of those jobs. The needed
config changes would be:

    # nova.conf
    [serial_console]
    enabled=True

    # tempest.conf
    [compute_feature_enabled]
    serial_console=True

I'm proceeding to search and understand the project-config, but any
pointer would be highly appreciated.

--
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)