[openstack-dev] [vitrage] spec for datasource

Yujun Zhang zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:06:46 UTC 2016

Hi, Eylon,

It is not decided yet what datasources will be required. But we may assume
there will be both open and proprietary ones.

The example of the former could be include service status of nova host in
the topology (currently only host, instance and zone are found in the code).

For proprietary datasource, I'm considering to adapt the api to common
protocol/interface, e.g. RESTful, SNMP and etc and I wish to know how to
add support for these interface.

At the moment, I'm making an evaluation on the extensibility of vitrage
architecture and estimate the workload for new datasource. Any idea how I
can proceed?

--
Yujun