[openstack-dev] [vitrage] spec for datasource
Malin, Eylon (Nokia - IL)
eylon.malin at nokia.com
Tue Aug 9 08:28:56 UTC 2016
There are different instruction for datasource that are part of openstack vitrage upstream, and for propriety datasource.
So for better understanding the case, do you want to add new datasource that would be contributed to openstack, or is it propriety one ?
I'm meaning do you plan to push the new datasource to vitrage upstream or leave it private ?
From: Yujun Zhang [mailto:zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 10:22 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [vitrage] spec for datasource
Is there a guide on how to understand the design of datasource? I want to extend the existing one and also try to create a custom datasource from scratch.
Some documents are found in https://github.com/openstack/vitrage-specs and datasource seems to be related to synchronizer but I didn't find a dedicated spec.
Currently I have the following questions
1. How do I register a new datasource in an existing system?
2. Is the type of datasource (ALARM/RESOURCE) configured in `/etc/vitrage/datasource_values/<datasource>.yaml` ?
3. Is there any other datasource type besides ALARM/RESOURCE?
4. What does `aggregated values` and `priority` mean
5. What is the required data format for the datasource driver api? The inline comments give some brief description but didn't specify the api signature.
More information about the OpenStack-dev