[openstack-dev] Project mascots update

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 17:37:44 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 10:19:10AM -0700, Heidi Joy Tretheway wrote:
>    Thanks to all of you for contributing unique and inspiring ideas to choose
>    a team mascot. You can view a list of projects that have chosen their
>    mascots here: http://www.openstack.org/project-mascots, and more will be
>    added soon as the last handful of teams finalize theirs. Illustrators are
>    working now to produce a family of great logos for you that will come out
>    closer to the Barcelona Summit. Feel free to drop me a note with
>    questions.

I have one question regarding the review process for the logos when they
are drafted?

In the cases where projects have their existing community generated logos
I can imagine there will be a preference to stick with something that's
somehow derived from their existing logo, and in cases where a new logo is
produced I'm sure community enthusiasm and acceptance will be greater if
team members have played a part in the logo design process or at least
provided some feedback prior to the designs being declared final?

Thanks!

Steve Hardy