[openstack-dev] [kolla] Why base image always be built each time build a specific image.

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Aug 2 13:11:05 UTC 2016

Paul,

I think the cache isn't working exactly as you described for the base
image.  Not sure what is going on there - it could just be my
misperception.  However, as you point out the time spent "rebuilding" the
base image is very small (under 30 seconds) so I don't believe its a
pressing emergency as compared to the sheer amount of outstanding reviews
that need reviews or correcctions.

Zhijiang - to answer one of your questions, there is no way to just build
a container without its dependencies.

Regards
-steve