[openstack-dev] Keystone Authorization Failed: Forbidden (HTTP 403)

Dhvanan Shah dhvanan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:39:35 UTC 2016

Hi Jens,

The password is correct when I echo $OS_PASSWORD.
I downloaded the admin-openrc.sh file from the dashboard and sourced. I ran
a nova list after that:
No handlers could be found for logger
"keystoneclient.auth.identity.generic.base"
ERROR (Forbidden): Forbidden (HTTP 403)

It still gives the error of forbidden access.
I think the password is not the issue. Forbidden access might be something
else. Do you want me to share anything else?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Jens Rosenboom <j.rosenboom at x-ion.de>
wrote:

> > UPDATE:
> > I am able to log into Horizon and perform all actions without any issue
> but
> > on my terminal, I am not able to do the same. The password that I thought
> > was wrong is not the issue as I logged in with the same password.
> > My keystone_adminrc file looks like this:
> >
> > unset OS_SERVICE_TOKEN OS_SERVICE_ENDPOINT
> > export OS_USERNAME=admin
> > export OS_PASSWORD=****************
> > export OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.16.37.221:35357/v2.0
> > export PS1='[\u@\h \W(keystone_admin)]\$ '
> >
> > export OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
> > export OS_REGION_NAME=RegionOne
> >

> > Please suggest what I could do!
>
> Does your password contain special characters that might get mangled
> by the shell? You could compare the output of "echo $OS_PASSWORD" to
> verify.
>
> Otherwise, if the dashboard is working for you, you can go to
> Project/Compute/Access&Security/API Access and use the "Download
> OpenStack RC File" link there.

Dhvanan Shah