[openstack-dev] [kolla][kubernetes] Mirantis participation in kolla-mesos project and shift towards Kubernetes

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 03:51:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Tomasz Pa <ss7pro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kolla images are simply to big and not properly layered. What it means
> that if you today want to upgrade one of the packages: ie: python-nova
> (assuming images are build from RPMs) you're upgrading whole layer
> which contains all it's dependencies added by yum. So at the end
> simple 12MB upgrades turns to be 120MB (right now this is the size of
> the kolla image layer which contains python-nova).

​I do not think this is the issue of Kolla. It is a issue of Docker
images. All the docker images has such issue. This should be solved
in the docker side.

If you have any better solutions for this, please explain it. I think
the Kolla Team will be very happy to accept the improvement.

--
Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang