[openstack-dev] JavaScript RoadMap for OpenStack Newton

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:35:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 8:28 AM Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> On 04/21/2016 10:05 AM, Hayes, Graham wrote:
> > On 21/04/2016 15:39, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
> >> used piecemeal, however trying to maintain code consistency across
> >> multiple different projects is a hard lesson that others have already
> >> learned for us. Let’s not do that again.
>
> I'd love to chat about js-openstacklib supporting clouds.yaml files for
> config.

I see absolutely ZERO reason why we shouldn't just use an existing
configuration format. Except, well, maybe this: https://xkcd.com/927/

The only existing user of a custom config file we have right now is
ironic-webclient, and its code is really more "how do I load it" rather
than "how do I parse it. Updating it should not be difficult, and as we
don't have a release yet, I don't anticipate any backwards compatibility
issues.

Code, for reference:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ironic-webclient/tree/app/js/modules/openstack/configuration.js

Michael