[openstack-dev] [magnum][app-catalog][all] Build unified abstraction for all COEs

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Thu Apr 21 14:50:23 UTC 2016

I can clarify. I mean to introduce abstractions to allow tight integration between COEs and OpenStack. For example,

$ magnum container-create --volume=<cinder volume> --net=<neutron network> ...

I agree with you that such integration should be supported by the COEs themselves. If it does, Magnum will leverage it (anyone can leverage it as well regardless of they are using Magnum or not). If it doesn't (the reality), Magnum could add support for that via its abstraction layer. For your question about why such integration belongs in Magnum, my answer is that the work needs to be done in one place so that everyone can leverage it instead of re-inventing their own solutions. Magnum is the OpenStack container service so it is nature for Magnum to take it IMHO.