[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][packaging][summit] input needed on summit discussion about global requirements

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Apr 21 04:28:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016, at 08:44 PM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 02:09:24PM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > I also argued at the time that we should aim for entirely automated
> > check-and-update. This has stalled on not figuring out how to run e.g.
> > Neutron unit tests against requirements changes - our coverage is just
> > too low at the moment to proceed further down the automation path.
>
> I thought we knew how to do this just is hadn't been done.  I *think*
> mostly
> because it's a largish project-config change.

It isn't too bad, I went ahead and pushed
https://review.openstack.org/308739 up which *should* do it (but Andreas
will likely point out something I overlooked). It is made easier by the
fact that already mostly have an integration test between requirements
and unittests for every project using the python unittest template. I
just had to make a small adjustment to how the repos are configured.