[openstack-dev] [keystone]Liberty->Mitaka upgrade: is it possible without downtime?

Gyorgy Szombathelyi gyorgy.szombathelyi at doclerholding.com
Thu Apr 14 13:13:24 UTC 2016

Hi!

I just experimenting with upgrading Liberty to Mitaka, and hit an issue:
In Mitaka, the user table doesn't have 'name' field, so running mixed versions of Keystone could result in:

Unknown column 'user.name' in 'field list'

in some operation when the DB is already upgraded to Mitaka, but some keystone instances in a HA setup are still Liberty.

Is this change is intentional? Should I ignore the problem and just upgrade all instances as fast as possible? Or I just overlooked something?

Br,
György