[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][tempest] disabling 'full' tempest tests for ceilometer changes in CI

Ryota Mibu r-mibu at cq.jp.nec.com
Tue Apr 12 12:12:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

Can we disable 'full' tempest tests for ceilometer?

    - gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-mongodb-full
    - gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-mysql-full
    - gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-mysql-neutron-full
    - gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-postgresql-full
    - gate-tempest-dsvm-ceilometer-es-full

We've merged ceilometer test cases from tempest repo to ceilometer/aodh repo as tempest plugin [1-2].
So, I suppose we can disable these jobs for ceilometer checks and gates, once we enabled ceilometer tempest tests with migrated codes [3].

But, it will stop other tempest tests not in ceilometer dir of tempest in gate jobs for ceilometer, as current setup is to kick 'full' tempest tests even for ceilometer changes.
Let me know if there is any problem.
I might miss the original intention of Jenkins job setup for ceilometer.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/tempest-plugin
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/tempest-aodh-plugin
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303921/

Thanks,