[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Propose Lars Kellogg-Stedman for tripleo-quickstart core

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 10:27:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 06:06:03AM -0400, John Trowbridge wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> This is semi-related to the subteam thread, but deserves its own.
>
> I would like to give Lars +2 on tripleo-quickstart. He has contributed
> almost as much as I have to the project in terms of
> LOC, and in terms of real impact probably more. He is responsible for
> some of the best features in tripleo-quickstart (image caching,
> uprivledged usage).
>
> Futher, he had +2 before we moved the code to the openstack git, and has
> been instrumental in the design and promotion of tripleo-quickstart.
>
> If we go the subteam route, I would be happy to create the
> tripleo-quickstart subteam and add him myself. Otherwise, could we add
> him to the tripleo core team with implicit restriction to +2/+A only
> tripleo-quickstart as we have in the past?

+1 on creating a sub-team for this - and +1 on adding Lars to it

Clearly if folks get added to a sub-team there's nothing to stop them
joining tripleo-core should their scope broaden over time, but I agree with
your other thread that adding a few sub-teams now will help us scale as the
team grows.

Steve