[openstack-dev] [magnum][requirements][release] The introduction of package py2-ipaddress

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Mon Apr 11 03:04:18 UTC 2016

Hi requirements team,

In short, the recently introduced package py2-ipaddress [1] seems to break Magnum. In details, Magnum gate recently broke by an error: "'\xac\x18\x05\x07' does not appear to be an IPv4 or IPv6 address" [2] (the gate breakage has been temporarily fixed but we are looking for a permanent fix [3]). After investigation, I opened a ticket in Cryptography for help [4]. According to the feedback from Cryptography community, the problem is from py2-address, which was introduced to OpenStack recently [1].

I wonder if we can get any advice from requirements team in this regards. In particular, what is the proper way to handle the problematic package?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/302539/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/magnum/+bug/1568212
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/magnum/+bug/1568427
[4] https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2870