[openstack-dev] [all][stackalytics] Gaming the Stackalytics stats

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Apr 8 21:53:55 UTC 2016

On 08/04/2016 5:23 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 5:10 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:
>>

>> is it actually affecting anything in the community aside from the
>> reviews being useless. aside from the 'diversity' tags in governance,
>> does anything else use stackalytics?
>
> Gordon,
>
> I feel that we are missing an opportunity to teaching what we want new
> folks to do! As a group we should all try to spot these patterns and
> make sure everyone's efforts are fruitful.
>
> To that effect, i am capturing stuff here:
> https://davanum.wordpress.com/2016/04/08/new-to-openstack-reviews-start-here/
>
> Thanks,
> Dims

i imagine the fact they're gaming the stackalytics system means they're
aware of what their doing and no one has called them out on it yet. i'm
a glass half empty individual :)

this has been discussed in some form already in the past[1] and it'll
probably keep happening. i get the feeling if you tell some to stop
putting useless reviews in one place, they'll do it somewhere else or at
random frequencies -- you may be endlessly chasing white noise. if it
only affects lazy managers using stackalytics then it's probably not a
big deal for now? i can't imagine the current useless reviews are
swaying the overall stats of a project (aside from top global reviewers)

i like anteaya/your posts, hopefully it helps.

[1] source: i'm too lazy to search list

cheers,

--
gord