[openstack-dev] [nova] [infra] The same SRIOV / NFV CI failures missed a regression, why?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:06:03 UTC 2016

On 04/04/2016 06:56 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-04-04 13:54:34 -0400 (-0400), Jay Pipes wrote:

>>> I think what Jay is getting at is to have the *exact same approach*
>>> third-party CI for NFV and PCI have been using - so whatever
>>> $behind-the-abstraction setup they are using, but community accessible
>>> and visible, unlike the current behind-corprorate-firewall setups.
>>>
>>> I'm not saying this is better or worse, but it is different to the
>>> tripleo approach of providing a Nova API endpoint for zuul.
>>
>> Yes, thank you Rob, that is precisely what I'm getting at.
>
> In that case, I'm not sure a third-party CI system needs close
> coordination with "The upstream Infrastructure team" nor "hired
> system administrators" employed by the OpenStack Foundation, which
> were the parts of the original proposal I was concerned with. Set
> up a third-party CI system and start voting on changes (with the
> consent of those projects anyway).

I'm really not sure why you are being so hostile to my proposal.
Essentially, I wanted to involve the upstream Infra team in this so they
can advise on the project and ensure that the 3rd party CI system that
gets built matches what is used for the upstream system.

I'm not trying to add load to the infra team. Quite the opposite, I am
attempting to gain a level of coordination to ensure an aligned CI
system is produced that won't be a giant pain for all involved.

-jay