[openstack-dev] [neutron] -2'ing all patches on every gate breakage

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 16:01:11 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I noticed that often times we go and -2 all the patches in the review queue
on every neutron specific gate breakage spotted. This is allegedly done to
make sure that nothing known to be broken land in merge gate until we fix
the breakage on our side.

While I share the goal of not resetting the gate if we can avoid it, I find
the way we do it a bit too aggressive. Especially considering that often
times those -2 votes sit there not cleared even days after the causing
breakage is fixed, needlessly blocking patches landing.

I suggest we either make sure that we remove those -2 votes right after
gate fixes land, or we use other means to communicate to core reviewers
that there is a time window when nothing should land in the merge queue.

Thanks,
Ihar