[openstack-dev] [horizon][all] How to properly depend on Horizon

Serg Melikyan smelikyan at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 4 01:37:41 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

while I was working on bug [0] with incorrect dependency to horizon in
stable/mitaka I discovered at least three different ways how people
add such dependency:

1. tarball dependency in tox.ini [1]
2. tarball dependency in test-requirements.txt [2]
3. git repo dependency in  test-requirements.txt [3]

Question: How to properly depend on horizon?

P.S. Looks like update.py in openstack/requirements simply ignores #2
and #3 and don't count as extra dependency.

P.P.S Why we can't publish horizon to pypi.openstack.org?

Reference:
[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1565577
[1] https://github.com/openstack/designate-dashboard/blob/dfa2fc6660467da2f1c53e12aeb7d7aab5d7531e/tox.ini#L20
[2] https://github.com/openstack/monasca-ui/blob/8861bede7e06d19b265d3425208b4865c480eb69/test-requirements.txt#L25
[3] https://github.com/openstack/manila-ui/blob/bf382083b281a77f77df9e0bd51376df49d53b2e/test-requirements.txt#L5

--
Serg Melikyan, Development Manager at Mirantis, Inc.
http://mirantis.com | smelikyan at mirantis.com