[openstack-dev] [tc][kolla] Change to kolla's release model to gain access to release's website marketing

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Apr 2 17:05:53 UTC 2016

On 4/2/16, 10:01 AM, "Jeremy Stanley" <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

>On 2016-04-02 16:13:28 +0000 (+0000), Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>[...]
>> I feel as though we are not permitted to participate in the
>> marketing that takes place on the releases website
>[...]
>
>I'll refrain from commenting on the rest since I'm not a member of
>the release team, but I *seriously* hope we've not created a
>"marketing" portal simply by way of tracking version numbers,
>changelogs and release schedules. I have a feeling few (if any) of
>the release team wants to get into the marketing business and I'm
>happy to help do whatever is in my power to neuter the "marketing
>potential" for releases.openstack.org so it can be viewed simply as
>a source of _objective_ technical data.
>--

It is objective technical data, but atm we are excluded, and people look
at that objective technical data (like marketing and sales folks) to make
decisions, so it is by its very nature a marketing resource as well.  If
we are excluded, sales and marketing folks that make decisions about
OpenStack deployments may come along and say "not on the website, not
legitimate".

Regards
-steve