[openstack-dev] Searching with the Summit Schdule App

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Fri Apr 1 17:59:01 UTC 2016

My preference when consuming the schedule for the Design Summit is to
see an entire project track in one view. I was unable to figure out how
to accomplish this by clicking things on
https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/#day=2016-04-27&summit_types=2
(the link ttx had provided for the design summit in the -dev channel).

I filed this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-org/+bug/1565018
and then learned from fungi who was relaying a message from one of the
web developers for the app that if you search on <project-name>: that
this returns the events for that project's track in the Design Summit,
not the Conference or anything else.

Remove that colon (:) and you get every hit for the project name in your
results.

It sounds like the web team is working on making this discoverable for
Barcelona so I thought more folks than just me would like to know about
this for Austin. (That and save the web team from having to explain it
over and over.)

Thank you,
Anita.