[openstack-dev] [nova] About availability zones

Feodor Tersin ftersin at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 06:56:50 UTC 2015

Hi.

Currently, when performing live-migration the AZ of the instance didn't update. In usecase like this:Instance_1 is in host1 which is in az1, we live-migrate it to host2 (provide host2 in API request) which is in az2. The operation will secusess but the availability zone data stored in instance1 is still az1, this may cause inconsistency with the az data stored in instance db and the actual az. I think update the az information in instance using the host az can solve this.
Since a host can be included into different AZs, you probably need to allow a caller optionally to specify a target AZ. And as i understand the same problem occurs for resize, evacuate and other similar operations, doesn't it?