[openstack-dev] [nova] About availability zones

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 03:24:20 UTC 2015

Hi, all

I have a question about availability zones when performing live-migration.

Currently, when performing live-migration the AZ of the instance didn't
update. In usecase like this:
Instance_1 is in host1 which is in az1, we live-migrate it to host2
(provide host2 in API request) which is in az2. The operation will secusess
but the availability zone data stored in instance1 is still az1, this may
cause inconsistency with the az data stored in instance db and the actual
az. I think update the az information in instance using the host az can
solve this.

Also, I have heard from my collegue that in the future we are planning to
use host az information for instances. I couldn't find informations about
this, could anyone provide me some information about it if thats true?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Zheng