[openstack-dev] [release][all]Release help needed - we are incompatible with ourselves

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Tue Sep 22 12:19:47 UTC 2015

To most people who write on this list about requirements, constraints
and gate deadlocks, not just Robert...

FWIW - this email is tagged [all], and asks for help, but I don't
understand it.  Even though I've been fairly heavily engaged with
OpenStack for more than a cycle now.

Obviously we can't avoid having lots of project-specific terminology and
jargon in various areas of OpenStack.  When those areas are
domain-specific, say Cinder or Sahara, that doesn't bother me.  But this
thread (and others like it) seems more about some of OpenStack's
vertical integration, that I ought to understand.  But the jargon and
imprecision of the language and description used are making it
impossible for me to start understanding.

So, please, if you really mean [all], say what you're saying in terms
that everyone can understand, and not just the (apparently, and
unfortunately) small group of people who already understand all this in
detail.

To emphasize again, I really don't mean to target this email
specifically - but it is a good example of lots of emails that (AFAICT)
are about this sort of thing.

Regards,
    Neil