[openstack-dev] [ALL] Instance Users

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Sep 10 17:27:34 UTC 2015

Many OpenStack projects have a failry common problem. The lack of well defined way for OpenStack Instances to talk to the OpenStack its running under.

Each OpenStack project has been working around it themselves in one form or another, including Heat, Sahara, Trove, Magnum, and others.

Zaqar and Barbican need credentials to talk to as well, and currently there is no good solution.

Developers that build on top of Heat, or do orchestration by other means don't have a workaround at present either.

I've written up a proposal to fix this situation here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222293/

It is a difficult problem to solve but would be hugely beneficial to may projects.

Please, review the spec and add feedback. The more we can work together to solve this difficult problem rather then hacking around it individually in our individual projects, the better we all will be in the end.

Thanks,
Kevin