[openstack-dev] Neutron sub-project release association with Liberty?

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Sat Oct 31 19:12:33 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 4:05 AM, Vadivel Poonathan <
vadivel.openstack at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Once the Neutron's sub-project is released to pyPI, where does it show
> that this sub-project release is associated with Liberty release of
> Openstack?.. I tried to see it in the Liberty Release notes, but it doesn't
> have any info about the supported/released vendor plug-ins/drivers.

The sub-projects are not associated with Liberty, as they are all contain
the "release:independent" tag in the governance repository. For example,
the networking-ale-omniswitch driver has that and you can see it here [1].

[1] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/neutron.html

> I see the plug-in is listed here in the official sub-project list, but
> again it is not specific to a particular release.
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/sub_projects.html
> <https://mail.na.alcatel-lucent.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=DylgoTv0vUOX9qurH1fmu7tQNiAK5tIIXZDmjJI2OwKl9TDEf-3qtSdwVf0ZlUNMd10XWPHAG1Q.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fdocs.openstack.org%2fdeveloper%2fneutron%2fdevref%2fsub_projects.html>

Right, because these are "release:independent." See my comment above.

> In the following link, i see but only some vendor plug-ins, not all is
> listed here!... why only some of vendor drivers are shipped with Openstack
> and not all?..
> https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/drivers/
> <https://mail.na.alcatel-lucent.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=DylgoTv0vUOX9qurH1fmu7tQNiAK5tIIXZDmjJI2OwKl9TDEf-3qtSdwVf0ZlUNMd10XWPHAG1Q.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.openstack.org%2fmarketplace%2fdrivers%2f>

I believe you want to add your driver to the driver-log project here [2].

[2] https://github.com/openstack/driverlog/blob/master/etc/default_data.json