[openstack-dev] Troubleshooting cross-project comms

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Oct 28 23:15:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I wanted to write up some of the discussion points from a cross-project
session here at the Tokyo Summit about cross-project communications. The
etherpad is here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-crossproject-comms

One item that came up that I wanted to ensure we gather feedback on is
evolving the cross-project meeting to an "as needed" rotation, held at any
time on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. We can set up meetbot in a new meeting
room, #cross-project-meeting, and then bring in the necessary participants
while also inviting everyone to attend.

I sense this helps with the timezone issues we all face, as well as brings
together the relevant projects in a moment, while allowing other projects
to filter out unnecessary discussions to help everyone focus further on
solving cross-project issues.

The rest of the action items are in the etherpad, but since I originally
suggested changing the meeting time, I wanted to circle back on this new
idea specifically. Let us know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Anne

--
Anne Gentle