[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Nova] Trunk port feature (VLAN aware VMs)

Ildikó Váncsa ildiko.vancsa at ericsson.com
Wed Oct 21 22:40:36 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

During Liberty we started the implementation of the VLAN aware VMs blueprint (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/94612/). We had quite a good progress, although we could use some extra hands on Neutron side and some thoughts on the Nova-Neutron interaction aspect of the feature.

The status of the code can be checked here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/neutron+branch:master+topic:bp/vlan-aware-vms,n,z
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-neutronclient+branch:master+topic:bp/vlan-aware-vms,n,z
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/213120/
The spec proposed for Nova can be found here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/213644/

We also added a note to the corresponding cross-project session to discuss further the impacts of this feature on Nova:
https://mitakadesignsummit.sched.org/event/c2292316e85e922a9a649191ad1e0160#.VigTqpeLJ4M
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-neutron-core-cross-project-integration

If you are interested in this feature and would like to help out please let me know. If you will be in Tokyo, we can catch up during/after the cross-project session or set up a separate discussion to move forward and speed up the feature implementation.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó
(IRC: ildikov)