[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Driver documentation in Ironic

Wan-yen Hsu wanyenhsu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 05:46:09 UTC 2015

 I fully agreed with Ramesh.  There is a need for driver owners to be able
to quickly update their driver’s document.  Particularly, vendor's drivers
have strong dependencies on their platform’s firmware.  For instance, a new
release of firmware may have impact on vendor’s driver and may require a
specific firmware settings or some workaround in driver configuration.
Therefore driver owners need to be able to update their driver documents to
reflect support of firmware versions or hardware platforms, document
firmware issues that have impacts to the drivers, …etc.   Also, as more and
more features added to the drivers and some features are related, sometimes
it requires restructuring of the document to make it easier for readers to
follow and understand.  I would very much like to get tech writers to help
my driver’s document but with current document review process and release
schedule, it’s just very hard to do.  As the result, document quality
suffers.  I really wish that we can give driver owner’s more control of
their documents and be able to update their driver documents when needed.

 Among all 3 options listed below, I prefer 2 or 3. Please consider these
options.

 Thanks!