[openstack-dev] [stable/liberty] [requirements]/[oslo] ceilometer jobs failing.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Oct 16 11:21:27 UTC 2015

Hi All,
    We have an issue for any review that causes a new commit to ceilometer, it
will fail with[1]:

    ValueError: git history requires a target version of
    pbr.version.SemanticVersion(5.0.1), but target version is
    pbr.version.SemanticVersion(5.0.0)

Switching to post-versioning[2] can't land because of [3]  The fix for that is
to ban 2.6.1 (and 2.6.0) from requirements.  That can't land because of[1],
and we've come full circle.

I can't use Depends-On as the patches in each repo need to land at the same
time.  So I tried the "obvious squash" patch at [4], but that isn't going to
work because of the sensible requirements checking.

The only way it fix this I can think of is to release 2.6.2 of oslo.messaging
with the fixes needed by ceilometer (which have merged).

I can think of a couple of rather terrible ways to hack around this but lets
not go there unless there is a good reason to not release 2.6.2

Yours Tony.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1506805
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235207/
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1505730